Thursday, February 11, 2010

dedicated blog - men i love: willie

I've toyed with the ideas of having a dedicated blog as a regularly updated post, but I always canceled that notion when I would remind myself there isn't anything besides my job and friends that I'm that dedicated to. The other day I was thinking to myself that I need to get on regular posting and somewhere between popping a bottle of champagne and taking a foot bath it dawned on me: I'm dedicated to loving the men in my life, and boy do I have at least a years worth, none of which I can even be romantically linked to. So without further adieu I give to you my inaugural man I love: Willie.


The first time I knew I would love Willie was in 6th grade when he bicycled from this neighborhood to mine to borrow one of my shirts for school photos. We were both new kids in school (and obviously the most stylish) so I think it was an automatic connection of feeling the same things. Through the years Willie has become my best friend in the whole wide world. I have the honor of having 5 amazing best friends who I can't even imagine living without, but he is truly a soul mate of sorts, and coincidentally the only man who actually knows how to keep me in check. We have endless amounts of amusing tales that could create a blog of its own. I could go on and on about our amazing lives together, but the best thing about it is that just we know, like our own little secret adventures. Sure, we've had amazing times at the Speedway, ruled Mass Ave. before we graduated high school and have a country drive so legit you've probably asked for directions, but our adventures are more than stories to be told, they are experiences that have help make me the person I am today. Through the years we've had many situations turned hilarious and the best times ever, but more important, I've gotten to watch him grow as a man and lead people to things more than they could ever conceive of experiencing. To have Willie be a part of your life is more than a blessing it's an uplifting experience and an education more profound than a textbook could teach. So here's to you, boo: thanks for all of the good times, making me realize how valuable the bad times can be, and for being a great friend through it all.

1 comment:

Shawn Hibbitt II said...

willie is awesome, how could you not love him...very touching, Liv